Minority Shareholder Rights
Shareholder Oppression Resource Center
Comprehensive guide to shareholder oppression, minority shareholder rights, and fiduciary duty in corporations and other entities.
Our Comprehensive Resource on Minority Shareholder Rights
Thank you for visiting the most comprehensive free information resource on the Internet regarding minority shareholder rights law. We have compiled hundreds of pages of informative articles on all aspects of the law governing closely-held businesses and the rights of minority owners.
Texas Corporations Law
- Former Shareholder Oppression Doctrine
- Shareholder Oppression Cause of Action
- Ritchie v. Rupe
- Implications of Ritchie
- Shareholder Agreement
- Minority Shareholder Rights
- Information Rights
- Voting Rights
- Right to Share Profits
- Transferability Rights
- Fiduciary Duty to Shareholders
- Individual Shareholder Claims
- Breach of Trust Cause of Action
- Defense of Fairness
- Breach of Trust Business Judgment Rule
- Liability of Majority Shareholders for Breach of Trust
- Breach of Trust Statute of Limitations
- Tort of Stock Conversion
- Proof of Ownership
- Dominion and Control
- Oppression as Stock Conversion
- Remedies for Stock Conversion
- Majority Shareholder Liability
- Business Judgment Rule in Conversion
- Statute of Limitations in Conversion
Fraud on Shareholders
The Derivative Lawsuit
- Direct vs. Derivative
- Officer and Director Fiduciary Duties
- Derivative Actions in Closely Held Companies
- Effect of Freeze-Out Merger
- Derivative Statute of Limitations
Ethical Traps for the Company Lawyer
50-State Survey of Shareholder Law
Finally, we present our survey of shareholder rights law from all fifty states, including rights of inspection, derivative claims, and the shareholder oppression cause of action.
We supplement this website by regularly publishing shorter articles on the Shareholder Oppression Blog. These blog posts deal with all aspects of minority shareholder rights and legal remedies, updates and breaking developments, and litigation tactics in shareholder rights cases.
We hope you benefit from this discussion of minority shareholder rights law.
Please contact us with any comments, corrections, or requests.